Nov 3, 2017 - Change the default download folder on your PC. Open Internet Explorer, select the Tools button, and then select View downloads. In the View Downloads dialog box, select Options in the lower left hand corner. Choose a different default download location by selecting Browse, and then select OK when you're done.
No matter how much storage space you have on your computer, it always pays to have the system drive clutter-free. For one thing, you might end up having to re-image your machine, leading to the loss of everything stored in the trusted old ‘C’ drive. In addition to this, keeping space free in the system drive also improves the overall efficiency of the computer. Hathi mere sathi songs download. While it is easy to store (or move already stored) data to a new drive, the problem of conserving space consumed by apps is trickier. For normal Windows apps, it is easy to choose the destination drive since this option is a part of most apps’ setup. It’s a different story for Windows 10 Modern apps though. These apps are installed to your computer directly from the Store, and their destination folder is in the system drive by default. Fortunately, Windows 10 allows its users to shift these apps between drives without too much hassle.
Previously, we covered the method to save storage space while installing Windows 10. While that method relies on command prompt and some fancy CMD magic, you won’t need to go into this much detail to move apps from one drive to another. The option to shift Windows 10 Modern apps between drives is buried inside the stock Settings app. Here is what needs to be done.
Changing Destination Drive of Windows 10 Modern Apps
- Go to the Windows 10 Settings app.
- If you have only used the Windows 8 Settings app previously, you are sure to notice that its Windows 10 counterpart has a significantly different look. From among the displayed tiles on the main Settings screen, choose the first tile labeled ‘System’.
- On the next screen, click the ‘Apps & features’ option occupying third place in the menu.
- In this particular tab, all Windows 10 Modern apps downloaded from the Store are listed. Click the one you want to move to another drive.
- Select the option labeled ‘Move & Uninstall’.
- Next, click ‘Move’.
- Point the app to the destination of your choice. The system will take a few moments to move the app, and you will be notified when the action is complete.
Windows 10 Modern apps are fast becoming equals of normal Windows apps when it comes to usefulness. Tips like the one above are sure to add to the value of Store apps, by providing you with full control over the way the OS resources are utilized.