Generic Serial Remember To Change Idvendor

Hi Friends, Regarding this issue I have searched lot from Net and I made some changes in the device registry to change from RNDIS to Serial USB.

I work for a small electric utility in Florida. We purchased some devices from a company called Powermetrix that hook up to meters and take readings and then, when brought back to the office, connect to our employees Dell laptops and download the results. The company utilizes Windows Mobile Device Center in order to connect the device. On two of the computer we have, the device connected fine through WMDC, but the other two did not. They show up in device manager as 'Generic Serial Prototype (remember to change idvendor)' I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling mobile device manager and the drivers as they show up and then starting it all over, but the same thing keeps happening. I'm really hoping someone can help me get this device connected. The system is Windows 7 32-bit with the latest version of WMDC.

Hi, According to your description, I suggest to remove all unnecessary hardware on Windows 7, logon with for test. Also reinstall the device driver, change another USB port for test. Furthermore, I suggest to contact the device manufacturer for further help, may be they have any solution for this.

Thank you for your understanding. Leo Huang Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

I think I have found a solution. My OS is 'Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate /32bits' It's mobile sync driver seems to be old or outdated. I used this website to find driver They have a utility which I downloaded and installed on my computer. That application searched my computer and uploaded the device details to their website and listed driver incomaptability.

In our colibri device case it pointed to a driver from microsoft which is updted version of mobile synch. I have downloaded and installed it.

Generic serial (prototype--remember to change idvendor) windows 7

Name of the driver updating executable from Microsoft was 'drvupdate-x86.exe' Now it seems ok. 8006-2lp windows 7 driver. I have deployeda Visual studio app using this. Hope this helps somebody.